The Pet Portrait Awards 2018
Will your pet’s portrait become the ‘Pet Portrait of the Year’ and win the £1000 prize?
Register your interest here and you will be given the opportunity to enter The Pet Portrait Awards.
As your local approved ‘Pet Portrait Award’ photographer, we are excited to invite you to our studio for a professional portrait session where we will spend time creating stunning images of your pets in a relaxed environment.
Book your dogs in for the Pet Portrait Awards and help us raise funds for the charities The Dogs Trust and Guide Dogs For The Blind.
A £10 donation per dog is required to be paid to The Dogs Trust and Guide Dogs For The Blind at the time of booking via cash or cheque made payable to The Lullaby Trust deposited in The Lullaby Trust Collection Tin in our studio. Minimum donation of £10 to The Dogs Trust and Guide Dogs For The Blind at time of sitting.
This is a national competition. Your pet portrait session can include multiple pets upto a maximum of three dogs during the sitting but the portrait entered into the competition must show only one dog in the image.
Competition is open from the 1st January 2018 until 1st December 2018 for all entries.
All entries from the studio will be judged by an independent adjudicator and professional photographer who will choose 1st, 2nd and 3rd studio prize winners from all of Dion Gallichan Photography entries.
The 1st prize studio winner will go through to the National competition to represent Dion Gallichan Photography. One winner will be chosen by the charities The Dogs Trust and Guide Dogs For The Blind to win the National Prize of £1000 prize money!
- You must inform the studio if you are unable to attend before your shoot is due to take place, we will offer you an alternative session but the £10 donation to the charity The Dogs Trust and Guide Dogs For The Blind is non-refundable.
- 100% of proceeds raised by your donations will go to The Dogs Trust and Guide Dogs For The Blind.
- Your Portrait Session may include up to a maximum of 3 dogs. The image submitted to the competition must have only one pet in the image to qualify for entry to the awards.
- The pet portrait experience includes a one hour photography session with a separate personalised viewing appointment.
- Entrants must attend a viewing session a few days after their portrait session to view and choose their image to be entered to the competition.
- At the viewing session there will be the opportunity to purchase additional prints and products. This will be the only opportunity to purchase from the session.
- Competition is open from the 1st January 2018 until 1st December 2018 for all entries.
- All entries from the studio will be judged by an independent adjudicator who will choose 1st, 2nd & 3rd from all of Dion Gallichan Photography entries.
- Studio prizes are: 1st prize is a 20 x 16 print, 2nd prize is a 16 x 12 print and 3rd prize is a 10 x 8 print.
- The 1st prize winner from this studio will go through to the national competition to represent Dion Gallichan Photography. One winner will be chosen by the charity The Dogs Trust and Guide Dogs For The Blindto win the £1000 prize money.
- All winners and results will be with the studio by the end of February 2019.
- The judges decision is final and we have no involvement in the judging of our own studios entries or the national competition. Winners will be notified via text, email or telephone.
- Winning entrants will be asked to return to the studio to collect their prize and may be asked to have a photograph taken accepting their prize.
- All images are copyright protected and the studio reserves the right to use the images for advertising and National Portrait Awards and Pet Portrait Awards promotions.
- You can also visit The Pet Portraits Awards website to see a full list of competition rules
- **Full terms and conditions are available on our website.